Following a significant backlash from its users, Instagram is walking back some of major changes. Last month, Instagram a full-screen display for photos and videos. Head of Instagram Adam Mosseri told Platformer that test will be wound down over the next couple of weeks. “For the new feed designs, people are frustrated and the usage data isn’t great,” Mosseri said. “So there I think that we need to take a big step back, regroup and figure out how we want to move forward.”
Along with getting rid of the full-screen feed, the app will reduce the level of recommended content that you see for the time being. Mosseri suggested that Instagram will try to improve the recommendation algorithms.
On Tuesday, Mosseri said the full-screen design was “not yet good” and needed more work before Instagram rolled it out to everyone. However, he noted that Instagram would become more video-focused over time, since that’s the kind of content people are sharing.
Brought to you by USA Today Read the rest of the article here.